Thanksgiving is that special time of year where we are reminded to count our blessings. It might be cliche, but I still say it’s important. Sometimes it’s easy to get discouraged in leadership because everyone is quick to point out what is going wrong, not what is going right. An attitude of thankfulness can help shift your focus from what’s wrong to what’s right.
So with that being said, here are a few things that I am thankful for this year:
- My Team – without them, I wouldn’t be a leader. I’m so thankful that they are crazy enough to be on my team. We’ve sure had some awesome times this year. I couldn’t do what I do without them. They are the BEST!
- My Colleagues – I’ve been blessed to be surrounded by some pretty amazing people who offer constant encouragement and support. Thanks, guys!
- My Family – behind every great leader is an even greater team… and I believe that the “greatest team” one can have is their family. Never forget them.
- “Eureka” Moments – the team and I have planned several major events this year. And with each big event comes big problems that require creative solutions. On a few occasions we’ve been able to come up with that one brilliant idea. And for that, I am thankful.
- My Job – it gets stressful and crazy, but at the end of the day, I absolutely love what I do. I choose to love the good, bad, and the ugly… I’m grateful for it all!
- YOU – if it weren’t for you, the reader, this blog wouldn’t be too exciting. Thanks for reading and I hope something I’ve said has encouraged you to be a more effective leader!
What are you thankful for? Leave a comment here…